Join Us for a Special DIVA Survival Weekend in the Outdoors!
October 27-29, 2017
5p Friday thru 4p Sunday
Texas Survival School
Royce City, Texas
Hosted by Judy Rhodes, DIVA Founder – JR@divawow.org
- Special DIVA Price – $50 members
- Ladies Only
- 17 minimum age
- Registration Closes Oct 17
- No Refunds
- Awards include Patches
- Dress for the weather
- NOTE: If you would prefer to arrive Saturday morning, please be there at 6:30a – same price
What to bring? Lots of Camping Supplies, including tent…see below!
Texas Survival School http://www.texassurvivalschool.com
For ALL information about the school and the DIVA Survival Weekend, check out their website!
Eric Giles, Contact at Texas Survival School
WHAT TO BRING:
- 1 Backpack
- 1 Pair of good hiking boots
- PLEASE DO NOT go buy them the night before as you will get blisters! Break them in before the class or you WILL NOT have a pleasant time.
- 1 good Full Tang Knife 5 1/2 inches or less (NO Rambo knives please) If needed we can make recommendations for these.
- 2-3 pairs of socks and weather appropriate clothes
- 1 water container – Stainless Steel Bottle with nesting cup preferred Stainless steel and non-insulated only…..a Yeti will explode
- 1 Ferrocium rod
- 1 lighter or matches
- 1 magnifying glass
- 2 bandanas 100% cotton
- 1 10×10 or less Tarp or Military Style Poncho
- 6 tent stakes
- 100′ of paracord or a roll of #36 tarred Bankline “trot Line” or both
- 1 compass you must be able to point and aim the compass. Not one of those little round balls with a safety pin attached. It must have degree marks.
- 1 Journal with something reliable to write with such as a carpenter type pencil or space pen for taking notes.
- 1 headlamp with extra batteries with a red light setting
- Your shelter for the weekend (This can be a tent, hammock, etc.)
- A sleeping bag – whatever you want to sleep in but “keep weather in mind”
- Bring any food or snacks that you will need which means steak, bacon, or “whatever” you want but keep in mind meals will be cooked over the campfire. (No meals are provided)
- We will provide drinking water if you don’t bring any but small coolers are
- Bring any and all medications or first aid supplies for an outdoor environment (especially for poison ivy )
- You may want to have a folding chair
- Toilet paper or baby wipes (there are primitive facilities on the property)
- You will be out here for the weekend so bring anything else that you might need
THINGS NOT TO BRING (for liability purposes)!
- Firearms: of any kind if you have a CHL or carry in your vehicle that’s fine, but leave it in there
- Alcohol / Non-Prescription Drugs: of any kind
- Off road vehicles: there’s no dirt track or riding trails
- Animals: dogs, cats, monkeys, your pet lama – leave him at home
- Campers/5th wheels, etc.: this is survival class not the KOA campground
- NOTE – TOBACCO IS ALLOWED: We just ask that you thoroughly extinguish and dispose of refuge. We do not need a forest fire
For more information about Texas Survival Weekend, please visit their website