- This event has passed.
Southfork Fall League – Sep 10 thru Oct 15, 2019
September 10 @ 5:00 pm - October 15 @ 7:00 pm
Southfork DIVA Fall Shooting League
Armadillo Gun Range http://www.armadilloguns.com/
Tuesdays, September 10 thru October 15, 2019
6 Weeks of Pistol and/or Rifle Shooting Each Tuesday
Followed by an Awards Get Together
5:00p to 7:00p
DIVA CHALLENGE – BRING A NEW SHOOTER
Bring a Friend, A Sister, A neighbor!
YOU KNOW IT’S FUN…SO BRING SOMEONE!
High Power Rifles – Sporting Rifles
We are adding High Power Rifles – Sporting Rifle to our list of qualification options. Many of us have AR’s and we will shoot the fire out of them!!
Southfork Shooting League
Pistol, Defensive Pistol I & Rimfire Rifle and High Power/Sporting Rifle League
(all calibers included for handgun and rifles)
Leagues are a great way to meet and get to know the terrific DIVAs in our local area. EVERYONE who participated in our past leagues has improved and gained confidence in their shooting skills. These girls can shoot!!!
We will have the opportunity to complete DE Pistol II which most of Southfork need. We will discuss in detail when you are ready, as it requires shooting at a different range. You must earn Pistol and Defensive Pistol I first to qualify for DE in Defensive Pistol II.
We have other fun challenges as well.
Includes 6 weeks of shooting each TUESDAY followed by an awards ‘get together’ the following week.
As always, if you have another gun that you would like to shoot after you have shot your league targets for the night, you are more than welcome to bring it. We always encourage practice with your CHL firearm.
The range closes at 7:00p. We want to be done shooting by then. You can start shooting your targets as early as 5:00 or when Tina or Kim arrive with targets.
All the Details
- Registration closes Tuesday, September 10.
- Limited to 20 ladies. Open to public. LADIES ONLY ON THE SHOOTING LINE!
- $80 for DIVA members $100 for non-members (plus processing credit card fees)
- Please register in advance online.
- Payment is required in advance by credit card to reserve your spot.
- Beginners are welcome. All skill levels are welcome.
- Any safe caliber handgun, .22 LR rifle or high power/sporting rifle may be used for this league.
- Eye & Ear Protection Required. Light color or clear lens are good for evening. Range has lighting.
- Ear Muffs are recommended.
- Please make sure your firearm is in good working condition prior to league.
- Optics are permitted – including scopes, red dot, etc.
- Participants will shoot 50 rounds each week, will vary by your pace.
- Expect to shoot 50 to 100 rounds each week. The amount will vary according to your pace. You will need to bring extra!
- Armadillo Range has ammo and firearms available for purchase. Plus they offer firearms to rent. Always try before you buy!
- We shoot an awesome challenge target each week and the target changes every week.
- You MUST attend the first night of shooting and commit to shooting the balance of the weeks or arrange to bank your scores prior to any week that you must miss.
We recommend using a .22 caliber handgun for target shooting in the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Program, and the longer the barrel, the better. Don’t worry if you don’t have one, yet. You can borrow one of ours, or rent one from the range while you decide which brand/type you like the best. And then get your own! Don’t forget to bring or purchase .22 ammo.
Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program
We have completed several levels of the NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program for pistol & rifle. Fun & challenging! Congratulations to our league members who have already achieved their Distinguished Expert Level in Pistol, Defensive Pistol I, Defensive Pistol II and Rimfire Rifle
For those who have already completed all three, we will hone our skills and practice postal targets and do some fun head to head competitions and to prepare for Defensive Pistol II. Remember when you thought you’d NEVER get that last target?? But YOU DID!
Let us know if there is something in particular you would like to do at league…speak up and let us know what you would like to accomplish!
To all the ladies who go out to practice their handgun and rifle skills, congratulations! Join us to learn and practice more firearms skills and have fun doing it with your DIVA girlfriends. It’s never too late to start!
For more information, please contact Tina or Kim.
Tina Jones, Southfork League Chair
Kim Norris, League Co-Chair
ANNOUNCEMENT! Southfork League has a new closed group on Facebook named “Armadillo DIVA”.
Please send Cheryl Long an email to request to be added to this group at firstname.lastname@example.org.